Welcome to Ruby Victoria Letterpress & printmaking


Here you will find photos of all my original hand carved linocut prints and letterpress printing.
A commercial printer by trade a printmaker by choice.
I specialize in original handcarved lino block prints with a bit of letterpress thrown in for good measure.
All printed on antique printing machines with that unmistakable bite into the paper that you can only get with letterpress printing

The work that I do is not created on a computer everything is hand drawn then hand carved out of lino then printed one impression at a time on my tabletop letterpress machine

I do not use polymer which limits me somewhat in regards to type but I love to use traditional methods in my printing that involve handset type and hand carved designs and I think this is what make my work totally Original and Unique to what other people are doing right now and it also meaning everything I make is an original work of art
I love what I do and love to share it with others that are interested

Narelle


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

teacup stack



while at the handmade market last weekend I spent some of my time carving out this new linocut of a lovely decorative stack of teacup .
Anyone that knows me is aware that my life wouldn't be complete without cups of strong tea everyday so it seemed like a good subject for a new linocut.
I am so thrill how this one has turned out, it took me a while and a fair amount of fiddling around but it has been well worth the patience involved.

I have just in the last hour posted this print on my esty store
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39317709
and I have already sold one in the first 15 minutes wow that is the fasted sale I have every made, thanks to Rosemari of walk in the woods here are some of her links
http://walkinthewoodsllc.etsy.com
http://whatrosemadetoday.blogspot.com

New prints and other little things will be available at the next Woodbridge market this Sunday if all goes to plan
I hope to see you all there
Narelle x

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow! It's wonderful.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jacqueline

    thanks for that I am pleased you like it , I'm happy I printed it in red and not blue or black
    see you soon at another market ?
    Narelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red looks perfect.

    I haven't got any markets lined up yet. I'm going to check out the Salamanca market bizo this week I think. I'll keep you updated. Do you know of anyone else who may be interested?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hm I'm not sure I will have to have a bit of a think and let you know

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the fine lines you get in your linos! so much patience! I'd love to see it.

    When is the next market in town?

    Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful! please can i put this in my 'tea' zine ?

    x isis

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi sally the next market I am at is the woodbridge market this weekend, then after that until I hear back from the barn market it will bet the next handmade market at St Peter hall in Hobart on the 20th and 21st march hope this helps Sally

    Isis I would be happy for you to use this print in your tea zine if you want the teapots too just let me know

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Narelle. Helps lots! Might have to arrange a Sunday drive!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! Amazing detail in your work! Great job...and yes, the red really works well.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Makes me want to have an afternoon tea just so I can use them, are you making them into notecards, or invites or just the print as it is on Etsy now?

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks evetyone for all your kind comments
    Christie,to be honest I haven't really thought about it that much ,I am just happy with them like this at the moment but I did think they would be lovely as invitations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not surprised the tea cup print is selling, its great. I like the red too

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message and say hello
It would make me feel ever so happy :)